Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sexual Health, Part I


Sex – can’t live with it, can’t live without it.

In America, we do an amazing amount of talking and writing about sex, but in odd, off-point ways. Sometimes we talk very clinically, you know what I mean: Insert Part A into Slot A, and agitate; or Insert Part A into Slot C, and agitate; or a variation on the theme, depending on your sexual orientation, or personal sexual preferences.

Or, we talk in terms of romantic, virginal blushes, you know what I mean: I ache for him, to penetrate me completely with his throbbing member; or I long for his manhood but in a secret place; or a variation on the theme, depending upon your sexual orientation, or personal preferences.

Or, we talk in terms of submission, domination, you know what I mean: There was only one way to tame the wild vixen, by taking her roughly; or she will learn what happens when she refuses me; or a variation on the theme, depending upon your sexual orientation, or personal preferences.

Or, we talk in terms of classic smut, you know what I mean: I’m slamming my rod into her warm, wet pussy; or I’m slamming my cock into her waiting shiny, lubricated ass; or a variation on the theme, depending upon your sexual orientation, or personal preferences.

Or, we talk in terms of betrayal, you know what I mean: I have just been with my mistress, but I will still pound my wife; or my lover makes me want to take my girlfriend in the ass; or a variation on the theme, depending on your sexual orientation, or personal preferences.

Or, we talk in terms of love and loss, you know what I mean: It was so poignant, that moment, I didn’t want to climax, because it would be over, truly over; or my life force was draining out of my body, even as I filled every part of her with my seed; or a variation on the theme, depending upon your sexual orientation, or personal preferences.

How does any of the above help us understand genuine sex, sensuality and sexuality? Read my lips, honey -- NOT ONE DAMN BIT! Knowing the traditional mechanics of intercourse-in-the-missionary position hardly qualifies as a sexual epiphany. It is well past time that we move beyond prepubescent groping and trial-and-error experimentation, and enter the realm of grown-up sex.

I warn you now, there is a learning curve, or, to be more precise, an un-learning curve to reach this goal. But, the returns are incalculable, and they pay huge dividends.

Every adult needs sex. It’s called a drive for a reason: It’s as fundamental to maintaining optimal health as is taking in air, water and food. It is such a strong drive, that scientists have found that when a person stops having sex, their physical and emotional health steadily deteriorates.

There have been a lot of theories about this, but the one that rings true to me is that without a strong sex drive, all species would literally cease to exist. Since procreation is fundamental to survival, nature seduced us into performing “the act” by developing a brilliant one-two punch: a tremendous drive to mate, coupled with the intoxicating elixir of physical and emotional pleasure when we do. Bravo!

Okay, so now what?

Well, we are not mindless slugs. We should pay as much attention to our sexual health and well being, as we give to our physical and mental health. In fact, I strongly believe that these aspects are beautifully, intricately connected, woven magically into who we each are: A whole and complete sacred human being. To think of ourselves instead as fragmented or abstracted parts, is not only harmful and disrespectful to ourselves, but also sends a very strong, and very wrong message to our children.

To be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment